Norfolk Online Record Search (NORS)
The number of records on NORS now exceed 4,000,000! (Feb 2019)
Would you like to help with transcribing? Contact us now.
A full search of the Parish Records and Monumental Inscriptions held and uploaded to NORS by the Norfolk Family History Society is available to NFHS members only, however, non-members may search and view a list of those records that are currently available.
A listing of Parishes with Transcribed Parish Records and Monumental Inscriptions is available - HereThe following records are available to view on NORS:-
- Banns, baptisms, burials and marriages transcribed from Norfolk Parish registers.
- Births and/or baptisms, burials and marriages transcribed from Norfolk Non-conformist church registers.
- Memorial Inscriptions recorded in Norfolk churches, graveyards, cemeteries and war memorials.
- Full details from birth, marriage and death certificates (BMDs) held in our collection.
- Strays – Norfolk people recorded out of the county.
- Norwich Birth returns from 1904.
- Norwich Death returns from 1894.
- Norwich Bomb victims in WW2.
- Wills – from copies held in our collection.
- Manors – from copies held in our collection or preserved for us at the Norfolk Record office.
- Miscellaneous Archive, diverse material from our collection.
- To be added at a later date - Family Trees submitted to the society.
We are reliant on volunteers to transcribe and check data, print the transcribed data, add the data to our electronic database held at Kirby Hall.
If you feel you could help us in ANY way please contact [email protected] or in writing to The Secretary c/o Kirby Hall address
GeneralTranscripts are made from handwritten and sometimes ancient, faded or damaged parish records; individual entries may be difficult to read leading to a "best guess" when either BLANK? or ? is entered into the transcript (usually presented as No Data). Likewise monumental inscription wording may be damaged by weathering, algae, lichen or plant growth. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the NFHS transcripts, errors may occur, therefore transcripts should be regarded as a good resource to be confirmed by additional research. Researchers finding parish record errors should report them by emailing the details to [email protected] or in writing to NORS Transcription Error c/o Kirby Hall address. Monumental inscription errors should be reported to [email protected] or in writing to Monumental Inscription Error c/o Kirby Hall address.
Please be aware that NORS requires a separate login, same user name as this website.
It is not necessary to login to this NFHS website if only intention is to use NORS.