Norfolk Online Record Search (NORS)
The number of records on NORS now exceed 4,400,000! (Feb 2021)
Would you like to help with transcribing? Contact us now.
A full search of the Parish Records and Monumental Inscriptions held and uploaded to NORS by the Norfolk Family History Society is available to NFHS members only, however, non-members may search and view a list of those records that are currently available.
A listing of Parishes with Transcribed Parish Records and Monumental Inscriptions is available - HereThe following records are available to view on NORS:-
- Banns, baptisms, burials and marriages transcribed from Norfolk Parish registers.
- Births and/or baptisms, burials and marriages transcribed from Norfolk Non-conformist church registers.
- Memorial Inscriptions recorded in Norfolk churches, graveyards, cemeteries and war memorials.
- Full details from birth, marriage and death certificates (BMDs) held in our collection.
- Strays – Norfolk people recorded out of the county.
- Norwich Birth returns from 1904.
- Norwich Death returns from 1894.
- Norwich Bomb victims in WW2.
- Wills – from copies held in our collection.
- Manors – from copies held in our collection or preserved for us at the Norfolk Record office.
- Miscellaneous Archive, diverse material from our collection.
- Family Trees donated by members to the Society and previously only
available in Kirby Hall in hard copy or on the Kirby Hall IT system.
Please see the guidance for submitting family trees to the Society on
the Library / Family Trees tab on this website - If donors wish to have
their trees removed at any time, please contact the Secretary c/o the
Kirby Hall address.
GeneralTranscripts are made from handwritten and sometimes ancient, faded or damaged parish records; individual entries may be difficult to read leading to a "best guess" when either BLANK? or ? is entered into the transcript (usually presented as No Data). Likewise monumental inscription wording may be damaged by weathering, algae, lichen or plant growth. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the NFHS transcripts, errors may occur, therefore transcripts should be regarded as a good resource to be confirmed by additional research. Researchers finding parish record errors should report them by emailing the details to [email protected] or in writing to NORS Transcription Error c/o Kirby Hall address. Monumental inscription errors should be reported to [email protected] or in writing to Monumental Inscription Error c/o Kirby Hall address.
Please note that NORS is a separate website and requires a separate login using the same Username and Password as this website.
It is not necessary to login to this NFHS website if your only intention is to use NORS.